This job is no longer active.
|Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle
|February 9, 2023
|College Degree Required?
Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle seeks a unique individual to join our team! The Volunteer Manager is tasked with effectively recruiting, training, supervising, recognizing, and nurturing a solid volunteer base to support our mission. MOW provides hot, nutritious meals to homebound Charlottesville and Albemarle residents who have difficulty preparing meals and limited access to food. This position will also serve as the point person for the meal service and be responsible for the daily procedures of packing meals for delivery.
- Recruitment, screening, training, scheduling, and recognition of community volunteers
- Daily communication with volunteers via phone, email, text, and our volunteer portal to make sure all routes are covered for the day, week, and month
- Oversee daily procedures of packing meals and distributing routes for delivery
- Track volunteers, and record skills, performance, availability, and scheduling through our volunteer portal
- Maintain a strong and friendly relationship with volunteer packers and drivers
- Assist and act as backup for other office tasks as needed
- Coordinate and work special events as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, motivate, lead and relate effectively to a wide variety of individuals
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to see change as an opportunity rather than an obstacle
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan, organize and meet deadlines with high-quality work
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills, and ability to work as part of a small team
- Self‐motivated and willing to work in a flexible, non‐structured environment
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and MailChimp
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle problems quickly as they arise
This position is part-time, 23-30 hours weekly, and will remain open until the right candidate is hired. Hours are flexible according to the candidate’s schedule, with a core need from 9-12 daily to work with our volunteers. Starting pay is $21 an hour.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience • Working knowledge of best practices in volunteer coordination • Recruiting, screening, and training experience • Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative work environment and promoting teamwork • Minimum 3 years of program coordination and project management experience • Minimum 1 year of working with the public in formal and informal settings • Experience managing volunteers preferred • Event management and development experience a plus
Meals on Wheels is committed to building a team that strengthens equity and inclusion. We welcome applications of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, backgrounds, incomes, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities.