Divide and Conquer - Board Lead, Staff Driven Fundraising
Nonprofit boards have a fiduciary responsibility to ensure adequate funds for their organizations, yet research shows that many boards are are not fully engaged in this important task. In the national study, "Daring to Lead," less than fifty percent of executive directors reported board members playing an active role in supporting the organization's fundraising work through donor identification, cultivation, and making asks.
On September 21st from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., join CNE and fundraising professional Amy Nisenson for this advanced training which will outline a recommended model for fundraising-- board lead, staff driven-- and explain how this model can work for your organization. The training will include an extensive discussion of tools, tips and techniques for organizing fundraising to achieve your short and long-term fundraising targets, such as:
- getting board buy-in
- setting clear and realistic expectations
- using a fundraising/development committee for maximize impact
- how staff can keep board members on track
- what metrics/process you should use to maintain forward momentum
The training is designed to bring together your fundraising team (executive director, fundraising committee chair (or other lead board member), and development staff.)
You will leave the training armed with:
- a demonstrated activity for tapping into your passion/story that you can take back to the board room
- new action steps your fundraising team can take today to get, and keep, the board on track
- a toolkit with articles and samples you can use to achieve board led, staff driven fundraising for your organization
Participation is limited to CNE member organizations with a defined board fundraising structure in place. Applications are required by August 24 and the cost of training is $125 for up to three members of your fundraising team. Apply today!
*Note, board member participation is required. Organizations will be notified of selection by August 31.