Member Spotlight: Shenandoah National Park Trust
Shenandoah National Park is a national treasure--right here in our own backyard. Cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas and quiet wooded hollows are here for your enjoyment. Shenandoah's 200,000 acres of protected lands are a haven to bears, deer, songbirds and hundreds of other types of animals and plants. Our park is also a living classroom that teaches our region and nation's history.
Shenandoah National Park Trust is building a community dedicated to the future of our national park. We raise funds to support the full range of programs and projects that make our park remarkable, including education, natural and historical resource protection, research, infrastructure repair and maintenance and visitor services. Among other projects, Shenandoah National Park Trust has funded:
- Restoration of the Old Rag View Overlook on Skyline Drive
- Junior Ranger and Ranger Explorer educational programs for elementary and middle school-aged children
- Forest Health Initiative to control invasive, non-native plants and re-establish native species
- Ranger Explorer, hand-held GPS devices that serve as your virtual tour guide in the park
- Search and rescue equipment
Members of Shenandoah National Park Trust enjoy a full range of benefits, including automatic membership in our Hundred Mile Club, which incents members to hike 100 miles in the park. Members gain access to guided hikes and members-only events.
Want to take part in your park? Visit www.snptrust.org, Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Primary Focus Area