Leaders Circles are a well established method of engaging and supporting nonprofit CEOs through action learning in which groups of up to 8 members meet monthly for facilitated, two-hour sessions. Sessions provide participants opportunity to network, share issues, and to give and receive feedback on issues presented by other members.
"This program provided me with much-needed support and guidance when I stepped into a new executive director position. I had never managed such a large organization, and was also new to the community. My peers in the group helped me trouble-shoot several challenges, and gave unwavering support when I doubted my ability to steer the organization with vision. More than a year after joining the group, I feel more confident as a leader, and the health of our organization reflects that. I think the same is true of my peers--they, and their organizations are stronger as a result of this program.”
The aim of the program is to bring together agency executives from the local nonprofit community to deal with real world problems in real time.
The basic assumption of the program is that the best sources of relevant and practical help for leaders comes from peers who are actually leading major organizations themselves. The ongoing help of peers for each other, in whatever form necessary, leads to the valuing of their own wisdom and experiences, thus enhancing their authentic engagement in their own development.
- An opportunity to discuss staff, board and organizational challenges in a confidential environment
- A network of trusted peers who understand the unique nature of nonprofits
- Access to the latest management information and resources
- Ongoing support for and advice about dealing with workplace issues
- Opportunities to self-directed learning, discovery and to grow professionally
- Renewed motivation, enhanced productivity and a personal support system
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
To be considered for a group, applicants must:
- Be a CNE member
- Be a paid (part-time or full-time) executive director
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in your current position
- Work for a nonprofit that has been in existence for at least 3 years
- Commit to at least a 6 month program (meeting once per month)
- Agree to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of the program
We are currently not accepting applications for the Leaders Circle program. For questions about the program or to add your name to a waiting list please contact Alicia Perham, Director of Programs and Operations.