Board Orientation Workshop
"I attended the CNE's Board Orientation Workshop together with several board colleagues from Light House Studio. Our team was inspired by the session and left equipped with practical knowledge that's already made a notable impact on how we interact and engage as a board."
CNE's Board Orientation Workshop, which is offered twice annually in April and November, is designed to support and enhance the annual board orientation process of area nonprofits. The four-hour workshop highlights the key roles and responsibilities of board members, includes interactive exercises for skills development, and provides a unique networking opportunity for community members engaged in board service. Topics covered include:
- The role of the nonprofit sector
- Characteristics of a high-impact board
- Fiduciary duties of nonprofit boards
- The board’s role in fundraising
- Board development as a strategic tool
- Individual board member roles & responsibilities
- The board/CEO partnership
New board members of area nonprofits are encouraged to attend, as are more experienced board members who seek a refresher course to sharpen their board knowledge. Nonprofit leaders who work with or seek to enhance their boards are also welcome.