Our Community Celebrations
Philanthropy Day is CNE's annual community celebration of giving that has as its goal to educate, motivate and inspire the philanthropist in all of us. Held in November each year, in concert with National Philanthropy Day® celebrations across the country, this event recognizes and pays tribute to acts of philanthropy, large and small, that make our community healthy and vibrant As part of this event, CNE hosts a luncheon with a nationally-recognized guest speaker to provide new insights, strategies and perspectives on effective philanthropy. Check out our past Philanthropy Days, including pictures and speeches.
There are many other ways to honor and celebrate philanthropy in our community throughout the year; here are just a few:
- Donate to your favorite cause.
- Check out the Nonprofit Directory, a partnership between CNE and the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation's, to learn more about nonprofits in our community.
- Volunteer for a nonprofit; to find opportunities check out the our volunteer postings or the United Way's volunteer database.
- Find out about open board positions through CNE, connecting effective board members with organizations that need them.
- Explore city and county board/commission service opportunities here and here.
Summer Open House
CNE hosts a Summer Open House, inviting CNE members, nonprofit organizations, and leaders from across the community to come together to celebrate the work of area nonprofits and to share information and network with each other. Check out pictures from our 2011 Open House and 5 year anniversary celebration below: